Venatus is Europe’s leading entertainment ad sales house. Founded in 2010, they exclusively represent the direct and programmatic ad sales for Rovio, EA, Rolling Stones and many other gaming, entertainment and lifestyle sites. Venatus is committed to creating meaningful connections between publishers, advertisers and audiences through a combination of market innovation, data insight and high-quality service working across display, mobile, rich media and video.
Who we want:
We are expanding our team and looking for a Business Development Manager to help us drive new publisher partnerships in emerging sectors. Venatus have strength in the gaming sector and are looking to focus on markets such as entertainment, sport, film and music. We are looking for an ambitious, self-motivated Business Development manager who is comfortable covering the technical side of a partnerships, can negotiate financial terms as well a closing a deal.
In this role you will leverage your own network and connections in the publisher space as well as leaning on Publisher Research Executive within Venatus.
Reporting in to the Head of New Business and working alongside an existing Business Development Manager and Publisher Relationships Manager we are looking for an adaptable, sales focused team member with an unquenchable desire to bring on new business.
· Build strategic relationships with key decision makers at publishers within the market sectors assigned to you.
· Build out a strategic pipeline of prospective partners and actively pursue opportunities to promote and sell in the Venatus platform.
· Handle all renewal contracts for existing and new publishers within your designated sector.
· Converting leads in to calls and direct face to face pitches with prospective publishers.
· Evangelize the Venatus offering and communicate the benefits of our direct, programmatic and header bidder sales solution.
· 3 Years + of business development experience in digital advertising, publisher acquisition or tech sales.
· Strong understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem and an established network of contacts among Programmatic buyers (Trading Desks), Agencies and Advertisers.
· Good awareness and knowledge of the wider gaming/advertising landscape.
· Proven solution selling skills and sales track record.
· Must have a self-starter, entrepreneurial mentality.
· Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal) skills.
· Strong affinity to the online industry and advertising business models.
· Passion and enthusiasm for your role.
· Open and flexible attitude towards taking on new work load.
Competitive package including 25 days holiday per year plus your birthday off!
Competitive salary depending on experience, plus commission/bonus (not capped) plus pension and travel loan for annual travel card.
If you feel that you are a suitable candidate for the above role, please email us at email@example.com
Please ensure the subject header is the title of the role you are interested in. Along with a short cover letter and CV.
Venatus is a unique, gaming and entertainment publisher platform, best known in the market for its core gaming inventory.
Venatus is a privately-owned company and is independently funded. Venatus therefore retains independence in all business decisions to ensure that its employees can contribute to the overall goal of growing the business and servicing clients, without external pressure.
The environment created by the co-founders is hard-working, open, cool and fun, meaning all employees are motivated by self-responsibility and best outcome for the company.
Venatus has a high retention rate of employees marked by many staying for many years.
Venatus’ growth trajectory is exciting as it is soaring with the acquisition of many global gaming and entertainment publishers, moreover eSports has become a worldwide phenomenon.
Advertisers are trying to target the hard-to-reach gaming audiences, audiences who are increasingly found to be mature and affluent, attracting the ad-spends of the likes of Mercedes and tech hardware firms such as Hewlett Packard.
Indeed, many of our endemic advertisers request Venatus managed sites as part of their media plan.
Venatus is a member of the DTSG, UKIE and IAB, and our publishers are white-listed by all the major agency trade desk groups.